Although most capacity limits and restrictions on opening times for bars and restaurants have been lifted in most regions, there are a few which remain. Each region also has separate nightlife restrictions. Here’s what you need to know for each region in Spain.
Since October 21st all municipalities in Andalusia have been classed as level 0. This means:
- Bars and restaurants have no capacity or opening time restrictions.
- Nightlife venues at places in level 0 also have no restrictions on capacity or opening times. The time they can stay open until depends on each venue’s licence.
As of October 23rd there are no more restrictions. All of Aragón is now at level 1 apart from Caspe which is at level 2.
- There are no more limits on the opening times of bars and restaurants.
- Nightlife venues can open at 100 percent capacity and can stay open until the time that their licence allows. The Aragón authorities are also currently considering the possibility of needing to show a Digital Covid Certificate to enter nightlife venues.
- There are no more limits on capacity or opening times of bars and restaurants, but establishments must install CO2 metres, have good ventilation and maintain space between people who do not live together.
- Nightlife venues can open at 100 percent capacity and can stay open until the time that their licence allows. They must also install CO2 metres.
As of October 26th there are no more restrictions on capacity or opening hours for bars and restaurants.
- Bars in the streets are still prohibited except in Menorca, which is at alert level 0.
- Nightlife venues in Mallorca, Ibiza and Formentera can open to a 75 percent capacity. Drinks must be consumed while seated and the use of the dance floor is still prohibited.
- In Menorca there are no capacity limits for nightlife venues and the dance floors can be used.
- There are no limits on capacity or opening times for both bars and restaurants and nightlife venues. The use of masks is still required and the government ask that people still maintain their distance from one another.
All islands are now at level 1.
- Restaurants and bars in level 1 can operate up to 75 percent capacity indoors and 100 percent capacity on the terraces. They can stay open until 3am and 12 are allowed per table.
- Social gatherings are limited to 12 people.
- Nightlife venues are allowed to open up to 75 capacity indoors and 100 percent on the terraces with 12 per table. They can stay open until 3am or 4am if all the staff and guests have been vaccinated or have had a negative Covid-19 test 48 hours beforehand.
Cantabria eliminated all restrictions on October 21st.
- There are no restrictions on opening times or capacity limits, the only rule that remains in place is that smoking is still prohibited on the bar and restaurant terraces.
- There are no restrictions for nightlife venues.
On September 23rd, the government of Castilla-La Mancha relaxed all Covid restrictions on capacity limits and opening times. The only rule that remains is the use of masks indoors or when distance cannot be maintained outdoors.
- There are also no restrictions for nightlife venues.
Castilla y León
On September 21st, Castilla y León lifted all Covid restrictions on capacity limits and opening hours.
- There are no capacity limits for bars and restaurants. Eating and drinking at the bar is now allowed, providing there is space between customers. Bars and restaurants must close by 2:30am, but can extend until 3am on Fridays, Saturdays and holidays.
- Nightlife venues can to a capacity of between 80 percent, but a Digital Covid Certificate is required to access them. They can stay open until the time that their licence dictates.
- Masks must be worn at all times (except when drinking) and drinks will not be allowed on the dancefloor.
On September 30th most Covid-19 restrictions were lifted.
- There are no restrictions on the capacity or opening times of bars and restaurants or nightlife venues, but the government recommend that they don’t go over 80 percent inside. 10 are allowed to sit per table.
- There are no capacity limits at bars and restaurants. 10 people are allowed per table inside and 20 on the terraces.
- They can stay open until 1am, but extend until 1:30am on Friday and Saturday nights/morning. Eating and drinking at the bar is allowed.
- Nightlife venues have no capacity limits. Nightclubs must close by 5am, while other nightlife venues must close by 4am, extended to 4:30am on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- There are no capacity or opening hour limits for bars and restaurants and they can stay open until the terms of their licence.
- Smoking is not allowed on the terraces if there are not at least two metres between tables and you can eat and drink at the bar only if you’re seated.
- There are no capacity or opening hour limits for nightlife venues. Drinking must be done while seated or standing at night tables and is not permitted on the dance floor. Dancing is permitted both indoors and outdoors, but masks must be worn.
- For places at level 1 and 2, the interiors of bars and restaurants can operate at a 75 percent capacity indoors. There is a 50 percent capacity limit indoors for places in level 3. There are no capacity limits on the terraces at all levels.
- Those nightlife venues that require Digital Covid Certificates can open to 100 percent capacity at places in levels 1 and 2. If they don’t ask for a certificate they can operate at the same capacity limits as bars and restaurants.
- In those municipalities at levels 3 and 4, nightlife venues can operate at 50 percent capacity.
On October 1st Navarra relaxed all restrictions on capacity limits and opening hours.
- Smoking on the terraces is prohibited unless there are at least two metres between tables.
- There are no more restrictions on opening times for bars and restaurants, but there is a 75 percent capacity limit indoors and 100 percent on the terraces.
- Nightlife venues can open to the same capacity limits as bars and restaurants and dance floors can be used.
- There are no restrictions on capacity limits and opening times, although only 10 are allowed to sit per table.
- There are no restrictions for nightlife venues either, but they also have a limit of 10 per table.