Here are some examples of how to use it:
- Comprendo tu postura pero no la comparto.
I understand your point of view but I don't share it.
- Estados Unidos comprende 50 estados en la actualidad.
The United States is comprised of 50 states, presently.
To understand each other:
- Comunicación efectiva es tratar de comprender a la otra persona.
Effective communication is making an effort to understand the other person.
To add up or make a total of:
- La obra de teatro comprende un total de 20 actos.
The theater play has a total of 20 acts.
To come to understand:
- Después de mucho esfuerzo logró entender la física cuántica.
After a lot of work he was finally able to understand quantum physics.
This word of the day has been contributed by LAE Madrid, the leading Spanish academy in Madrid. Accredited by the Insitituto Cervantes, it offers Spanish courses for all levels and also has Spanish classes for kids and families.