King admits receiving traffic fine ‘years ago’
Steve Tallantyre · 6 Apr 2015, 17:35
Published: 06 Apr 2015 17:35 GMT+02:00
- Row over King Juan Carlos sex-act sculpture (23 Mar 15)
- Court quashes King Juan Carlos paternity suit (11 Mar 15)
- Spain's speed camera locations to be revealed (19 Feb 15)
- Minted! King Felipe is on the money (06 Feb 15)
- Princess to sell mansion to pay court bond (05 Feb 15)
The king was visiting the Department of Transport (DGT) after the busy Easter period, accompanied by Interior Minister Jorge Fernández Díaz.
His confession is unlikely to raise many eyebrows when compared to the numerous gaffes and scandals that have rocked the royal family in recent years.
The King’s father, King Juan Carlos, was heavily criticized during the final years of his reign and has recently been involved in a paternity suit that was eventually quashed by the courts.
The king’s sister, the Infanta Cristina, is meanwhile set to be tried for tax fraud.
Tongue-in-cheek Twitter users joked about the comparative mildness of King Felipe’s misdemeanours by jokingly calling for him to abdicate.
Story continues below…
El Rey confiesa que le pusieron 'una multa' de tráfico 'hace años' ¡ABDICACIÓN! ¡ABDICACIÓN!— A l u i s (@Bonasera_) April 6, 2015