Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Barcelona: Man cleared in latest Ebola scare

Share this article

Barcelona: Man cleared in latest Ebola scare
Medics in Portugal take part in a drill designed to transport people infected with the Ebola virus. Photo: Patricia de Melo Moreira/AFP
09:00 CEST+02:00
UPDATED: A 38-year-old from Guinea quarantined in Barcelona on Wednesday over fears he may test positive for the Ebola virus has been cleared of the disease.

The man who arrived in Spain from Guinea on August 17th was admitted to Barcelona's Hospital Clinic on Wednesday evening with head injuries, local daily La Vanguardia reported.

He was isolated after it emerged he had been treated for those injuries at a hospital in Guinea and had had contact with health professionals who had worked in Ebola-hit areas, a regional health authority spokesperson said on Thursday.

But the patient was clear of the disease, health authorities said early on Thursday afternoon.

SEE ALSO: Spain's hospitals aren't ready for Ebola: The Local interview

He is the second man in Spain to test negative for Ebola in recent days after a 36-year-old Senegalese man was also given the all-clear on Friday.

Another man also tested negative in Bilbao after returning from Sierra Leone with a high fever.

Around ten patients have been tested for Ebola in Spain in recent months, Spain's health ministry said recently.

One patient, 75-year-old priest and missionary Miguel Pajares, died on August 12th after being repatriated from Liberia with the disease.  

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement

From our sponsors

Healthcare in Spain: What you need to know

Before you grab your castanets and move to Spain, you should really take the time to look into the healthcare system in your new country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement