|Date added:||24 Oct 2019|
- DO YOU KNOW that you now need to register EVERY YEAR to vote in the UK elections?
- All British citizens who have been living abroad for less than 15 years are eligible to vote in UK general elections, but fewer than 1 in 10 are registered.
- It takes only a few minutes to register online, at gov.uk/register-to-vote.
All you need are your passport, your National Insurance number and the postcode of the last address at which you were registered to vote in the UK.
( If you cannot remember these you can find them here at gov.uk/lost-national-insurance-number and royalmail.com/find-a-postcode.)
- You can also apply for your postal vote online, at gov.uk/apply-postal-vote or if your postal service is slow, a proxy vote, at gov.uk/apply-vote-proxy
- Your application will probably be confirmed in less than 2 weeks, but it is best to do this - or to check that you are already registered - before a general election is called. firstname.lastname@example.org