It’s back to school and back to work for many of us after a long strange summer that may have left you with itchy feet as travel plans were shelved thanks to the global pandemic.
But for those who still want to do a bit of exploring around Spain before the end of the year and make the most of those upcoming ‘puentes’ then check out the discounts available on the Renfe site this week.
In a bid to boost domestic tourism in an industry that has been hit, Spain’s state rail company is offering deals on its AVE high speed trains and slower long-distance routes to destinations across the Iberian Peninsula on travel up until December 12th.
A total of 380,000 discounted seats are up for grabs beginning Tuesday September 8th until Monday September 13th.
Photo: Nelso silva/Flickr
The campaign has the title “YoVoyOtoño” and offers promo+ tariffs which amounts to a 57percent discount on full fares on selected trips.
¡Este otoño ? #Vuelveaviajar!
Con nuestra oferta #YoVoyOtoño.
¡380 000 plazas Promo+ con hasta un 57 % de descuento ?!, para viajes en trenes Ave y Larga Distancia ?, hasta el 12 de diciembre.
Compra ya, que solamente es hasta el 13 de septiembre ? https://t.co/Blu9R5894W pic.twitter.com/lQSgqUg5vI
— Renfe (@Renfe) September 8, 2020
Tickets can be booked using the online system, in person at ticket offices within train stations or through Correos (Post Office) or travel agents.
Examples of the bargains on offer include:
- Barcelona-Alicante from €23,90
- Barcelona-Murcia from €26,00
- Madrid-Alicante from €28,50
- Madrid-Barcelona from €55,55
- Madrid-Cádiz from 38,30
- Madrid-Cartagena from 42,15
- Madrid-Córdoba from 37,40
- Madrid-Gijón from 31,20
- Madrid-Granada from 34,90
- Madrid-Huelva from 21,80
- Madrid-León from 27,60
- Madrid-Logroño from 30,70
- Madrid-Málaga from 41,40
- Madrid-Murcia from 40,15
- Madrid-Pamplona from 30,70
- Madrid-Sevilla from 39,35
- Madrid-Valencia from 31,80
- Madrid-Zaragoza from 32,85
So if you have always wanted to see the Alhambra or see the new wine harvest in La Rioja or even catch a few of the last summer rays on a beach in Valencia, now is a great opportunity to book an affordable trip.
- Spain's most popular attractions you can now visit without having to book tickets a long time in advance
- 17 of the most amazing Unesco World Heritage sites to visit in Spain
- What to order at a restaurant in each region in Spain