Wannabe superman fined for car window stunt
Jessica Jones · 8 May 2015, 15:16
Published: 08 May 2015 15:16 GMT+02:00
- Man arrested for taking spin behind the wheel - to his own driving test (21 Sep 15)
- Spanish police arrest driver caught speeding in video post on Facebook (14 Sep 15)
- Woman fined for being kissed while driving (09 Jan 15)
- Mum faces jail over late payment of €1,400 fine (08 Jan 15)
- Seville sets €750 fine for rubbish rummagers (29 Oct 14)
- Woman fined €300 for helping 'drowning' men (17 Oct 14)
A driver from northern Spain has been fined by police after one of his passengers decided to do his best superman impression – by hanging half his body out of the car window.
The driver, from Cantabria, was fined for dangerous driving, as well as endangering the lives of himself and other road users and not properly taking care of the passengers in his car.
The stunt took place near the town of Los Corales in northern Spain.
In the video, the backseat passenger leans his upper body out of the window, his arm outstretched. He knocks on the driver’s window and asks for directions to Corales, which the driver tells him is "over there".
The video came to the attention of local police after it went viral on YouTube. They opened an investigation to find the stuntman who were finally tracked down on Thursday morning.
The passengers are firemen from Corales and although they were not on duty at the time, Cantabria’s emergency services are thinking about taking disciplinary action against the men.