A total of ten patients left Madrid's Carlos III hospital on Monday after being quarantined for 21 days over fears they could have contracted Ebola via contact with nursing assistant Teresa Romero, Spanish national broadcaster RTVE reported.
Among those patients was Juan Manuel Parra Ramírez, a doctor who treated Romero at Madrid's Alcorcón hospital before she was transferred to Carlos III.
Ramírez described the period in quarantine as "very difficult" but expressed his "great joy" at Romero's recovery, according to Spanish national broadcaster RTVE.
Also going home on Monday was Romero's husband Javier Limón, who has called a press conference for 6.30 pm on Monday in which he plans to outlines details of legal action against people who have criticized his wife over her role in the crisis.
In an interview with Spain's El Mundo newspaper on Sunday, Limón said he and his wife had been "treated like scum" and singled out Madrid's regional health chief, Javier Rodríguez over comments the official made suggesting Romero had lied about the state of her health.
He would sue Rodríguez for sullying the reputation of him and his wife, Limón said.
Romero, the first person known to have contracted the Ebola disease outside of Africa, will remain in hospital for several more days, as will one other person who had contact with her and was admitted to hospital with fever, but who has since tested negative for the virus.
Romero contracted Ebola after volunteering to treat two Spanish missionaries infected with the virus who were repatriated to Spain in August and September.
A total of 4,922 people have died in the latest Ebola outbreak, the World Health Organization said on Sunday, adding over 10,000 have been infected.