Editions:  Austria · Denmark · France · Germany · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland
Advertisement

Lamp post electrocutes urinating teenager

Share this article

Lamp post electrocutes urinating teenager
The victim collapsed from the shock and hit his head on the groundPhoto of lammpost and wiring: Shutterstock
12:54 CEST+02:00
An 18-year-old man from the Spanish island of Majorca received a fatal electric shock on Saturday when he leaned against a lamp post while urinating.

The teen was out celebrating in the annual ‘fiestas’ of the small town of Bunyola, 7 kilometres from the island’s capital of Palma.

According to Spanish Civil Guard police and local emergency services, the victim received the shock when leaning against the lamp post while urinating on top of a wall.

He collapsed from the shock and hit his head on the ground, Spanish daily El Diario de Mallorca reported.

Emergency services were unable to resuscitate him after being alerted by the victim’s friend.

Local authorities are now investigating if other lamp posts in the area have faulty wiring like the one that caused the 18 year old’s death.

All other Bunyola celebrations have been cancelled in the wake of the tragedy.   

Get notified about breaking news on The Local

Share this article

Advertisement

From our sponsors

The Swedish university where students tackle real-world problems

Ranked among the world's best young universities in the QS Top 50 Under 50, Linköping University (LiU) uses innovative learning techniques that prepare its students to tackle the challenges of tomorrow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jobs
Click here to start your job search
Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement