Half of all Catalans want out of Spain: poll
Kenneth Londoño · 30 Apr 2014, 15:37
Published: 30 Apr 2014 15:37 GMT+02:00
- Catalonia chief vows to call independence poll (24 Apr 14)
- Independence website pushes Catalonia cause (22 Apr 14)
- 50% of Spaniards believe Catalonia will vote: Poll (21 Apr 14)
Forty-seven percent said they would vote in favour of an independent Catalan state, while 19.3 percent would give the proposal the thumbs down.
Some 8.6 percent said they would want Catalonia to be a state, but not an independent one according to the Catalan research institute Centro de Estudios de Opinion (CEO).
With a possible referendum coming later this year, one in ten Catalans are still undecided on whether they would vote.
Some 11.1 percent, meanwhile, told CEO they had intention of voting in the referendum.
The survey results come just weeks after the Spanish Parliament rejected a petition by the Catalan government to stage planned November 9th poll on the issue of independence.
- "Do you think that Catalonia should be a State, yes or no?"
- "If yes, do you want that State to be independent, yes or no.