Spanish beach in Trip Advisor world top ten
Alex Dunham · 18 Mar 2014, 16:52
Published: 18 Mar 2014 16:52 GMT+01:00
Playa de ses Illetes on the small Balearic Island of Formentera now stands alongside other awe-inspiring beaches in tropical locations like the Caribbean or the Seychelles.
Its crystal clear waters and coral-encrusted white sand have helped it to come in sixth place in Trip Advisor's Travellers' Choice Beach Awards 2014.
Playa de ses Illetes is a favourite among divers and anyone wanting to relax in an idyllic location.
Formentera itself can only be reached by boat from its sister island of Ibiza and other ports on the mainland; the lack of an airport probably contributing to the unspoilt nature of this Mediterranean paradise.
Here are Trip Advisor's Top Ten Beaches:
1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
5. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
7. Anze Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
9. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
10. Playa Norte Isla Mujeres, Mexico